What features do you need in a baby monitor?
In years past, a baby monitor was pretty simple. You install a microphone-type device in close proximity to your child’s bed, which transmits an audio feed to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. Thankfully, baby monitors now have more options. To illustrate, many monitors now offer HD video and 2-way communication. You can also hook many monitors to your home’s wireless signal so you are able to move around all over the house. The latest baby monitors are so advanced that they resemble interior surveillance systems in both features and expense.
Would you swap out a baby monitor for an indoor security camera?
Due to the fact that baby monitors and indoor security cameras incorporate similar capabilities, you will find numerous residents in connecting their baby's room to their home security system. This approach is beneficial -- specifically if you’re upgrading to Vivint smart home technology -- as your baby monitor will include:
● Clear video with night vision: Your surveillance system should include 1080p HD resolution, and infrared functionality for acceptable viewing of darkened rooms.
● Two-way talk: You won’t always have to go inside the bedroom to get your baby back to a gentle slumber. Your calming voice may be the only thing needed to keep your little one peaceful and resting.
● Motion sensors: Even though it’s an option to have your monitoring device function around the clock to keep a close eye on your child, your attention might start to lag. However, when your security camera notices unusual activity, then you can get a text alert to your mobile device. Perfect when your adventurous newborn quietly scrambles out of the crib or if your curious cat sneaks into the space.
● Recording capabilities: The majority of baby monitors don’t record video footage. You can now transmit a 20-second clip to a relative or family friend to allow them a glimpse of what a special, sleepy child you have.
● Smartphone access: Instead of lugging an external monitor around, you may now supervise your little one from your smart home mobile app. You might even touch base with your child and sitter when you go for an evening away.